Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Finally some good news today :)

It's now a little after 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday January 30th. My mom and dad came down late this afternoon and my mom is in fully mommy mode. She's running about organizing and cleaning my room and making sure I don't need anything. Dad is going to head back home tonight but mom is going to stay with me. 

Dr. Easterling came in around 2:30-3:00ish today and was very pleased with how everything was going. My blood pressure is way down compared to when I saw him in the clinic just 24 hours earlier. He liked what he saw on the ultrasound as well and on all of baby's monitor reports. He said compared to yesterday that I couldn't be doing any better so my job is to just hang out and keep cooking baby :) It was nice to finally get news that things were going well and not in the other direction. They took me off the magnesium and IV fluids but were leaving my IV port, I guess you would call it, in which I'm not too happy about but I'll live. 

A little while after mom and dad arrived they gave me my second round of steroid shots to help baby boy's lungs. She put an ice pack on the injection site this time and dad was there to squeeze my hand when she did it and it was no big deal. Last night I was squeezing Darren's hand so tight and he was squeezing my hand back it felt like he was going to break it and it STILL hurt like crazy. Tonight's was no big deal so that made me happy! Plus I like having mom and dad here- makes me feel more at ease :)   

So now we wait and see how things go and hope that I'm in here for a long time! The longer I'm in here the longer baby cooks and the healthier he is. As much as I would like to be at home I know I'm where the experts are and they are going to take good care of me and good care of my little peanut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment