Monday, July 29, 2013

fun weekend.... for the most part

This weekend my family went to Winthrop for Cody's graduation "party" I guess you could call it. Instead of a grad. party he wanted the whole family to go to Winthrop. We rented a cabin in the same spot that we went to after Christmas but this time we had Brant and Brent and his girlfriend Briana. It was a fun time though yesterday and tonight have been pretty rough with Brant. He will sleep all night but then during the day refuse to take a nap. He won't let himself fall asleep and gets SO crabby. I think yesterday he may have had an upset tummy. He just cried and cried until FINALLY I got him to calm down and take a little nap.

This morning when I was trying to get him ready to go and we were all trying to get packed up to check out of the cabin he just SCREAMED when I tried putting clothes on him. He loves to be nakey! so I just left him be while I got all his stuff packed. And when we got home tonight and he started crying and I tried everything else, what worked? Stripping him naked and he's happy as can be. I finally had got him to fall asleep by rocking in the chair but when I put him in the crib it lasted 5 minutes before he was crying. I pick him up and he goes back to sleep.... rocked him to sleep again and this time was able to put him down. I should be putting all of our stuff away and doing laundry but I'm taking this minute to sit and enjoy the quiet... laundry can wait right?

This coming Sunday is Brant's baptism at our church. And this Friday he is 6 months old... I can hardly believe it!!!! I think Sunday we will try to get some family shots and his 6 month pictures taken if we can find someone available to do them. Didn't even think about it until now! oops...

And stupid me didn't take any pictures this weekend....

Oh and on a side note we have graduated to big bottles!!! YAY, no more 4 ounce bottles! He's getting to be such a big boy! The last couple days he has been such a chunker! he previously would take 100-110cc bottles but all weekend he has been taking, and finishing no problem, 135cc. Quite the jump I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment