Thursday, December 5, 2013

Seriously?!

Brant had another doctor appointment this morning. It was his 9 month check-up even though he's 10 months now; they couldn't get us in any earlier. She is super impressed with him! He's on the growth charts for both height and weight; weighing in at 16lbs 8oz and 28 inches long. She did say when she listened to his lungs that he sounded a little wheezy and told me to keep a careful eye on it. If it does turn into a cold he needs to be back on oxygen throughout the day until he's over it. I was afraid of that because I came down with a runny nose the other day.

After his doctor appointment we went and grabbed some lunch for Darren & I and headed to the shop to have lunch together. He loves his daddy. Each morning they make coffee and eat breakfast together (but only after a half hour of snuggle/play time in our bed). After lunch we headed home and played for a while then Brant went down for a nap. I cleaned the house and threw some stuff together in the crockpot for dinner. The Noreco Respiratory Therapist stopped by to bring us his new monitor. We were having issues with the old one holding the settings and the probes reading on his foot. He woke up while I was meeting with her and learning how to use the new monitor. When I went in and got him he was coughing and sounded really congested.... great..... I figured while she was here we would hook him up to the monitor to check his SATS. Yup they were low. So back on oxygen he is! BOOO :( not what I was wanting. I was wanting to try to take him off at night early next week but now we have to let this cold run its course and hope he gets over it FAST. 

It is so frustrating. I know he got this one from me so I feel really bad now. A little frustrated too. I've been trying SO hard not to get sick. I got a flu shot, been taking airborne everyday, washing/sanitizing my hands like CRAZY, bleaching/lysoling the house every night and I still get sick. But at least I can say I did everything I could and there is nothing I can do about it. If anyone has any tips to get a baby over a cold fast let me know! I'll be moving the humidifier from our room and into his room tonight and go get another one tomorrow to have in the house.

Maybe I should be put into isolation right along with him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment