Saturday, June 29, 2013

1 Year Anniversary


Cannot believe today is our 1 year anniversary! Seriously where has the time gone??? Oh wait I know! We got married, 2 months later got pregnant, spent the next 5 months sicker than a dog, the next 3 months in the hospital and traveling back and forth between Lynden and Seattle, and then the past 2 months settling in as a family of 3. Oh and throw in buying a house and moving somewhere in the middle. 

WOW what a year we have had! Darren and I were laying in bed the other night and both said "wow, it's already been a year..." We're both still stuck back in January when our world got turned upside down. Yes we've been through a lot. We've never gone through so drastic (? not sure if that's the right word for it) as having a preemie, yes it was HARD. It was a struggle figuring out what we both needed from one another during that time. I was an unstable emotional wreck and needed someone to just tell me everything is going to be okay and to talk about it, and Darren needed to put his mind elsewhere and focus on other things to deal with it. But with the support of our family we got through it and we are still learning things about each other and how to work as a unit. 

We are heading out Leavenworth this morning with my mom and dad, Cody and Brant. I'm nervous about how hot they are saying its going to be. Around 100? YIKES too hot for me! 85 is too hot for me! Darren is going to drive the blazer, Cody his Jeep, and me, mom and Brant will be in my car, not sure who my dad is going to ride with. The guys wanted to take the tops of the blazer and jeep and cruise up the trails we going snowmobiling down in the winter. So either me or my mom will stay back with Brant in the condo. Darren and I are planning on going out to dinner the two of us tonight. Not sure what we will do tomorrow before we head out. I just hope we all make it over safe and Brant doesn't have any problems. I'm very nervous about being so far away from home and its his first overnight trip. I think everything should be fine but I'm SO protective that I can't help but worry a little. 

 I was up until 1 this morning cleaning and getting everything organized and ready to go. Last night after work Amber, Nicki, Tanisha and I worked out and then I was on a rampage to get the laundry done AND folded AND put away. that usually never happens. But I got everything done! So here's to a good, fun weekend away! 

Some throwback photos from our wedding...







No comments:

Post a Comment