Saturday, June 15, 2013

Ahhhh....

Finally got some sleep last night!!!! Took Brant to the doctor yesterday for his 4 month check up and of course asked about the bradys (heart rate drops) he's been having when he sleeps. He's also been a little constipated this week. So after answering a bunch of questions she had about his behavior and habits Dr. Mahal figured it was a combination of reflux and constipation that was causing the bradys. She prescribed some medication for both that he took last night and I think that did the trick! He also had to get some immunizations... I hate it when he gets poked but he gets over it fast. He pretty much slept all day yesterday, only waking up long enough to eat so I was planning on it being a rough night but I was actually in our bed by 11:30! Not the couch, which is a first in the past 3 nights! Ah it felt so good! Then he was up at 4:30, ate and went back to sleep until about 8 or 8:30. He's been awake ever since, only taking a nap when we went for a walk earlier and a tiny cat nap at about 11. He is so happy and talkative today!

He weighed 10 pounds 14 ounces yesterday and 23 inches! Going off his adjusted age of about 7 weeks he is in the 75th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight, or maybe it was the other way around, I don't remember exactly. He has a lot of catching up to do for where full term 4 moth babies are at but he will get there.

This coming week is going to be HARD. I am going back to work on Monday........... My mom is going to take care of him and I know he will be perfectly fine but I do NOT want to leave him. I know I am extremely fortunate for how understanding my bosses have been and how much time I have been allowed off. Plus I'm only going to be working part time so really its not bad. It will just be the first time I have left him for more than a couple hours since we brought him home. I'm afraid of missing stuff and right now he is getting to be really active and discovering things and its so fun to watch. A couple days ago he discovered the toy balls that hang on his mamaroo and was hitting them with his hand and staring at them in amazement. And he likes to stare at himself in the mirror on his play mat. I will work Monday's & Friday's 8:30-6 and then this week I'll probably work Tuesday for a few hours to get me to my 20 hrs for the week. Then Thursday we go down to Children's to meet with his pulmonary doctor and then he has an appointment after that with the nutritionist. I'm excited for that and really hope that the tests they do and blood work comes back good so that we can start weaning off oxygen. Prayers that everything goes well on Thursday would be much appreciated! And that I can make it through work on Friday after what a long day Thursday is going to be! We have to be at Children's at 10:20... not sure what time we should leave yet; hopefully they will have the bridge up in Mt. Vernon by then.


No comments:

Post a Comment