Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In need of some inspiration

This week I've been feeling creative and planning out what updates to the house I want to do and prioritizing my list and then making the list that I can actually do right now for cheap. I decided where to put our dining room table- now I just need to sand it down, paint the legs and stain the top. I think I'm going to paint the legs black but not sure how dark I want to the top?? All the wood in the house in grader build oak (which I hate) and the furniture is dark- like almost black dark. Any suggestions on what to do the top?

The next thing I want to do is paint our laundry room and rip out the ugly useless cabinet and replace it. I just don't what color to paint it..... here are pictures of it now:




The cabinet isn't wall to wall and its not deep enough to fit any laundry soap jugs in. The other picture is the wall across from the washer and dryer. It's a small laundry room- the door next to the dryer leads to the garage. I can't decide on a color! I was thinking leaving the ceiling white and maybe doing the wall the washer and dryer are the dark grey that the stripes in Brants room is. but the other walls I'm not sure. I think it'd be too dark and cave-like if I did the whole thing dark grey. I was also thinking of doing a little saying on the open wall. I was thinking "The most memorable days usually end in the dirtiest clothes" But any thoughts on colors?

After that I plan on painting the bathrooms. Already have the paint for that- same base color as Brants room with white ceilings. I would like to replace the light fixtures - they are just brass with the big white light bulbs sticking out. I haven't decided which fixtures I want yet. I also want to frame the mirrors. Has anyone done this?? All the tutorials on pinterest I have found are for ones that are glued to the wall with no clips. Ours aren't glued and I don't really want to glue them down if I don't have to. I love the ones that have tile in the frame by using 2 different trim widths and then tile sheets but can't figure out an easy way to do it with the clips.

What I want to do most is replace all the floors. The carpet is thrashed and stained and I hate it. But Darren said no for right now. He wants to put hardwood down everywhere but the bedrooms. But thats a long ways away.

And to finish off with some pictures of Brant!
Always so smiley! He was holding his head up so good before I got my camera out. 




hehe love these converse socks! 



No comments:

Post a Comment