Thursday, May 30, 2013

Lifestyle change in the works

So I started working out again... I feel so pathetic! My mind thinks I can still do the routines I did before I was pregnant at the same pace but that is NOT the case. I mean I used to be able to do a minute long plank no problem- I was shaking after 15 seconds yesterday. I know your supposed to stay active and continue working out throughout your pregnancy but I just couldn't do it. Puking your guts out every morning and then getting home from work and the minute you sit down you fall asleep and the rest of the time you feel like crap- sorry but working out was not happening. I barely had enough motivation to  do the dishes! But I'm excited to get my butt back in shape. And it helps that I have probably the best motivation a person can have. My doctors a UW stressed the importance of letting my body healed and getting really healthy for future pregnancies so that I have a better chance of going full term. Plus they stressed that losing the baby weight alone doesn't mean your healthy, that it needs to be done the right way and I need to get all my levels in good order. Sooo that means that I need to cut out as much processed foods as I can and eat fresh stuff. I have no problem eating fruit, its the veggies I have trouble with.

The only problem with this is that it means a lot of cooking... from scratch, which takes time. I do like cooking but I have more experience baking so I'm afraid to try things I've never cooked before. With that being said if you could share some of your favorite healthy recipes? Preferably "dude approved". Darren is a casserole, meat, potato and cheese person so I have a hard time finding healthy stuff that he would like too. Though I did make Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin the other night and didn't tell him what it was. He actually liked it; it wasn't something he raved over but he ate it with no complaints. I thought it was really good. Spaghetti squash is probably one of my new favorites.

One recipe I'm looking for is a good easy marinara recipe and pizza sauce recipe. I've never made my own marinara, always buy the jars but there is so much sodium and preservatives I would like to try my own.

Also looking for a few new workout dvd's. I have a couple Jillian Michaels ones and a few Shaun T ones- not his insanity ones, I'm scared to try it! I like to do a variety of different things in my workout, not pure cardio or pure strength, I like a combo of both; any suggestions? I was also thinking about trying a yoga one too? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment