Monday, May 13, 2013

NEVER again

Okay so I'm going to start off with the good news! Brant's doctors appointment was today, he weighs 8 pounds 14.5 ounces! He is gaining 1 ounce/day and they extremely happy with how he is doing! I called Children's to see if they had any earlier openings but there was nothing... His UW High Risk Infant Clinic appointment is August 28- which just so happens to be the first day of school. Me and mom were going to bring him down for his appointment and then go visit all his girlfriends in the NICU. I called to try to change his appointment for before school starts so mom could go but their next available slot wasn't until October. So it's staying the 28th and mom said she would figure it out.

So now the crappy evening I had. Mom came over after work and hung out with him while I went and ran a TON of errands I had. What was on my list: SeaMar WIC office to give them his prescription and get that figured out, Bed Bath & Beyond for bar stools, TJ Maxx for some more bottles, Along Comes a Baby for Aden & Anais crib sheet and check out their infant carriers, Target for a bunch of stuff, and Safeway for groceries...

So I have no idea how WIC works... his doctors at UW gave me a prescription sheet for his BM Fortifier and told me to bring it to a WIC office. So I did. I got there and they looked at me like "What the heck is she doing??" Apparently you have to have an appointment first and they have to evaluate Brant. When she said that I started freaking out. There was NO way I was brining him there- it felt SO dirty and gross. So I told her he's a preemie and on oxygen and cannot be exposed to anything. I told her he had Dr. appointment this morning and I could give them his weight and length from today because that's all they were going to do anyway. She said fine. Seriously if they made me bring him in there I would've said forget it, I'll buy his formula.

Next I hit up Bed Bath & TJ Maxx, both places didn't have what I was looking for. Bed Bath was out of the right height bar stools I needed and TJ's only had little bottles left; I did get a new pair of sunglasses though- mine just broke. After that I went to Along Comes A Baby. They didn't have the sheets I wanted. They had some other stuff I wanted to get for him but I've found them cheaper online so I just left.

By this point I was exhausted and wanted to go home and snuggle with Brant. But we were out of toilet paper so I had to go to Target. I got a few groceries, toilet paper, and then I was going to get curtains for Brant's room, a boppy pillow, and a bumbo. They didn't have ANY of it. I did get a boppy pillow but it wasn't the one I wanted so I'm going to order a cute cover off Etsy.com for it. And I gave up on the curtains- they only had 1 panel of the one I wanted and sorry, I'm not paying $40/panel for curtains in Brant's room.

I SO did not want to go to Safeway but we have nothing to eat for dinner so I went. I'm now totally wiped out and want to crawl in bed! and I NEVER want to go to Bellingham again! What a pain in the butt! I'm ordering everything I need online from now on! Forget the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment