Saturday, May 11, 2013

Week In Review

Finally finding a few minutes to do an update... I've been BUSY this week! Monday I was sick... no idea what happened but I woke up and felt TERRIBLE. I checked my temperature like 3 times and didn't have a fever but I was sick to my stomach, exhausted, and dehydrated. Drinking water made me even more nauseous. Mom came over in the morning for just a little bit and fed him for me- she had an extremely busy week too, and then headed back to work. Cody brought me some gatorade and 7-up. And my Grandma June came over in the afternoon and snuggled with him while I crawled back in bed. I felt SO much better after sleeping for a few hours. I think it was dehydration and not enough sleep. So Tuesday I took it easy. Didn't really do much but rest up and drink lots of fluids. 

And this is what I did Wednesday/Thursday!!


Yep got Brant's room totally painted. It's a light grey in an eggshell finish and then on one wall I did stripes a few shades darker grey in a high gloss 


And I must say I impressed myself!! I've never done stripes before and thanks to pinterest for all the tips it turned out AWESOME. My lines were straight and SHARP! 


And this is what I tackled Friday..... The crib.... I finished it but don't have any pictures yet of it finished. It looks great though! 


This is the matching dresser that we got.... and it sadly came totally damaged. It is being picked up on Monday to go back. They must've dropped it somewhere along the way. 


Today we had his baby shower! This outfit is the first thing I bought after finding out I was pregnant and it fits him perfect now!





This is my Great Grandma holding Brant. 



I missed my Grammie a lot today. She was SO excited for Brant to be born. Not quite a year ago we were taking pictures of the 4 of us at our wedding. Wish she could've been here today. 



We will go to the doctor on Monday for a checkup in Bellingham. I'm very curious to see what his weight is! Earlier this week I think he was going through a growth spurt and then this afternoon he has been awake almost all afternoon but every hour and a half to 2 hours he thinks he is starving. I increased the amount I was giving him and he passed out afterwards; I thought that would be it but no, 20 minutes later he was awake and another hour and a half later hew as hungry again. We'll see how tonight goes. But I'm preparing myself for no sleep. 

Darren has been slammed with work this week. Really haven't seen him much. He gets home after I've gone to bed and is up before I'm up for the day. I wake up when he gets home and we will talk for a while but that's about it. So I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I always look forward to Sunday's- it's our "No work, Family Day". It's my turn to go to church in the morning but we will see what feeding schedule Brant is on- Darren won't feed him yet. And after that we will go to Darren's parents house for a while and then up to my parents house for dinner. 

Oh and a HUGE thank you to Derek for coming over today and taking down our hideous brass chandelier and putting canned lights in our family room. One of things that I just don't get about our house- there are canned lights everywhere else in the house EXCEPT the largest living area... why??? Just one more project down! Maybe this week I will get motivated to paint the bathrooms. Though I would like to go get new light fixtures for the bathrooms too. I'm just not a fan of brass.... plus they are in bad shape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment