Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Life has changed

So this morning while I was snuggling with Brant after feeding him I started thinking about how much our life has completely changed since his birth. Its amazing how fast everything switched to being all about him! I used to NEVER be late for anything- like always being at least 5 minutes early because I hate being late. Now I'm late for EVERYTHING if I have him with me. It takes me at least 30 minutes just to change him, switch oxygen tanks, put him in the car seat, make sure everything is in his diaper bag and then get him in the car. And one thing I learned the hard way. Always get him ready first! The other day I got ready to go and then was going to give him a quick bath... yeah pee everywhere!

Also, on a day off from work I would sleep in, make sure the place was cleaned, take a shower, run errands, and cook dinner. HA now, getting ready consists of changing out of my PJ's into yoga pants, throwing my hair up, and the rest of the day is completely consumed with Brant. And I will admit that on more than one occasion we have had cereal, mac & cheese or top ramen for dinner... but part of it is that when I do actually get a chance to go grocery shopping I don't really plan anything out and I end up being in such a hurry to get back home that I end up with a bunch of random stuff.

Brant also qualified for WIC, why I do not know... I had NO clue how that whole system worked but formula is expensive so I figured eh, we'll see how it goes and if it's a total pain in the butt then forget it.  I had that appointment this morning. They wanted me to bring Brant with to do a weight and length check but I told them no- I wasn't going to bring him there and gave them his weight and length from last weeks doctor appointment. She never asked anything about our income in the appointment or anything! I was kind of amazed and that just shows why our country is in such a bad economic state right now. We really don't need WIC- I mean don't get me wrong it definitely helps! $20 a can for formula, and thats a small can is ridiculous and he's not even on full formula yet. And normally I wouldn't take it because we don't need it but it's gotten to the point where we're giving so much in taxes that if they are going to just throw it out there to anyone, then I don't feel so bad. Is that a bad attitude?? 

Brant has been pretty stuffed up the past couple of days, I called the doctor yesterday because I was getting worried. He didn't have a fever or cough, just very congested. All she said to do was keep sucking his nose out before every feeding and give him some warm water through a dropper for some extra fluids and if anything changes call back. I'm still not getting anything out of his nose with both nasal aspirators I have. So I just keep squirting some saline solution up there and have the humidifier going. I was freaking out a little bit yesterday... I do NOT want him to get sick. But he's going to get something eventually. 

I am still not getting much done around the house... anyone want to come mow the lawn and pull weeds? :) I hate doing yard work! 

snuggling with dad

Husky baby! 

SO sleepy 

loves his boppy pillow! 


this was this morning... after being awake from 11:30-4:30 and then waking up at 5:45. He FINALLY fell asleep at 7:20 in our bed... normally it would've been fine, I would've just gone back to bed BUT of course today I have be up by 7:30. Coffee was a must this morning and there will definitely be a nap this afternoon! 

1 comment:

  1. You probably get WIC because he's a preemie, I know that's how we qualified too :)

    ReplyDelete