Sunday, May 26, 2013

Trying to find time

I'm finally getting around to doing another post! I would like to say I've been super busy, but that would be a lie. I've been slowly working on getting the house put together. I hung a few things on the walls and got an idea of what I want to do to the rest of the family room. I'm going slow and taking it room by room- trying not to overwhelm myself! 

Brant has been doing good. His nose is still pretty stuffy, I have the humidifier on and squirt saline solution up there a few times a day to try to break things up. Still no fever or cough so that's good. I just feel bad for the little guy, in the morning he sounds terrible. He is very picky about where he sleeps. He will not sleep in the bassinet, or his swing anymore. He did the swing the other night for a while but that was only after he totally passed out and I very carefully moved him into our room where the swing is. He is most comfortable propped in his boppy pillow. So I've had him on the chaise part of the couch in his boppy and me laying with my head next to him. I tried putting the boppy in the bassinet and it fits but it's too squished up for him to get comfortable. I ordered a pack 'n play today to put in our room so he can sleep in his boppy in that and I can get some good sleep in our bed! The past week I've been on the couch until Darren goes to work and then I put Brant in his pillow in the middle of our bed with me. It works with 2 of us, but would NOT work with Darren there too with Brants cords. Plus I don't really want to start that. It's amazing how little sleep I can run on these days! 

Brant is going to be a whopping 4 Months old next week! CRAZY!!! He is doing really good at holding his head up! He's a little bobble head but he's trying so hard. 

Darren and I had date night last night- we left Brant with Nicki while we went out for dinner just the two of us and then had a little fire at the woods with a few friends. It was the first time in I don't know how long that just the two of us went out together! 

I will post pictures tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment