Thursday, April 11, 2013

overwhelmed....


I've been pretty strong through this whole process. In the beginning I was a mess but I pulled myself together and really haven't had any breakdowns since. It's been one day at a time... But the last 2 weeks have been SO crazy with signing papers for the house, getting the keys and moving in and running back and forth from UW and worrying about Brant. This is the first time in quite a while where I have had time to just sit and it's all hitting me tonight. I don't think I can handle anything more...

We got all moved on Tuesday night. It took 6 hours for Darren, my dad, and uncle Rick to move everything. Nicki had already started on cleaning the kitchen when I got there after work. Darren had already moved a bunch of stuff. But then she had to leave to go run Nathan around. So me and my mom and aunt Pam cleaned and unpacked things. We got the kitchen totally unpacked and organized, bathrooms scrubbed, and the carpet in the master bedroom and Brant's room shampooed. The guys unloaded and dropped everything in the main living room in a big pile. And then the big stuff they stuck in the garage. Darren and I ended up sleeping on the mattress on the floor in front of the fire place. Our new bed set and mattress was delivered Wednesday. We are so used to sleeping in a double bed it felt like we were miles away from each other in our new king. I worked until 11 on Wednesday and then had a Doctor appointment at 12 and then spent the rest of the day unpacking and organizing. My plan was to leave this morning and head down to Brant but part of our bedroom set was damaged when they delivered it Wednesday so I had to wait for them to deliver new stuff today. And of course after they delivered the dresser and end tables I had to put just a few more things away and completely lost track of time. But I wanted to get as much done before I left as possible so that I don't come home to a total mess. I didn't have time to clean the laundry room. I was going to do that and do all of our laundry before I left (which is a LOT). I noticed there was a bunch of empty detergent bottles that fell behind/between the washer and dryer but I never got around to it.... next week all I will be doing is laundry! Plus with we have so much room in our new house now we realized how we have NO furniture... First on our list another couch or big sectional. And paint... all the walls desperately need paint but it will be a long time before that happens.

Brant is doing really well. He weighs 6 pounds 11 ounces. It sounds like we will have to take him home on oxygen- hopefully just for when he eats but we will see. He has been taking about 90% of his food by bottle. I asked his nurse Jenny how long he has to take 100% by bottle before going home and she said its different for every kid but she guessed the doctors would say 48 hrs. Though after that he would have to pass his carseat test. I don't know why but I have this feeling that it will be Wednesday when we take him home.... The doctors haven't said ANYTHING about a date but in my gut I feel like it'll be Wednesday. Let's start taking bets! In rounds this morning I guess they had said depending on his how his feeds went today they might start ad-libbing his feeds which is yet another step closer to coming home. They wouldn't be feeding him every 3 hours on his set schedule, they would feed him whenever he wakes up and acts hungry like any baby would at home. So we will wait and see what they decide in the morning. I gave him a bath today. We took him off oxygen for that and he was doing really well so Jenny called the doctor and asked if we wanted to do another room air test. The doctor said yes so we left him off oxygen. Once it was time for his next bottle though things didn't go as well. He was very disorganized and couldn't get into a rhythm and then had a desat so we put him back on again. Jenny said thats just him telling us he needs more support when he eats. Once he was put back on he was back up right where he should be.

Anyway... when I got to the apartment tonight I felt SO overwhelmed. It's the first time in quite a while where I have had time to just sit and think. We have been through SO much, I don't think I can handle anything more. In about 2 months it'll be our 1 year anniversary. It's crazy to think that 1 year I ago I was stressed about our wedding and getting plans together and now we have a 2 month old that's been in the hospital since birth, plus a new house and it's all happening at the same time. What a way to test a marriage! I think we deserve a real honeymoon when this is all over. Though I don't think I'll be able to leave Brant for a LONG time!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Kelsey, we have a chair we no longer need. You are welcome to come and get it. It might not be exactly what you want, but it will fill up a space. :-)

    ReplyDelete