Saturday, March 16, 2013

6 Weeks Old

Brant is 6 weeks old today! He looks so different even from a week ago. He weighed 4 pounds 10 ounces this morning. Still on 2 Liters on the high flow nasal cannula and was at about 24% oxygen today. He is getting 39 cc's of milk every 3 hours. The nurse practitioner said that tomorrow morning they will discuss weaning him down to 1 or 1.5 liters. We will see. The nurse also told me to get everything ready at home because his adjusted age is now 34 weeks and she figured he would go home at 37 or 38 weeks. SO the UPS guy better be ready to deliver a bunch of stuff to our place from Amazon! I will be staying here for as long as I can. His nurse said this week will be a really big teaching week for me and they are going to set me up with all these classes with the physical therapist so I feel comfortable and confident when we take him home.

We had fun with him today... we dressed him up in some new clothes and he was wide awake and happy when I changed his diaper... at least tried to 3 times- each time I'd get a clean one on he'd poop again and he just looked up at me with this little smirk on his face.

As for me I'm feeling good today. No headaches and I didn't get super tired half way through the day (though it helped I slept in the car on the way down). I think what I need to do from now on is not go to the hospital so early or stay so late. 12 hours at the hospital 5-7 days a week is exhausting! '

 I think tomorrow we will give him a bath! I will post pictures first thing tomorrow morning! the internet at the apartment is too slow to that now.



No comments:

Post a Comment