Monday, March 11, 2013

Home

This is one Amber took last weekend- she sent it to me before her computer crashed... really hoping her computer guy can get it fixed to get the pictures back but I'm glad I got this one! 


No changes with Brant... he is still about 4 pounds 1.5 ounces. He gained a few grams but Sarah said he has had so many huge gain days in a row that it's evening out now. She said today he's been eating, sleeping, and growing. He's had two slight brady's but has pulled himself right out of them, just doing what he does. He's at about 24-28% oxygen. They don't want to wean him off the high flow nasal cannula until he needs less oxygen. And as far as getting him into a crib and out of the isolette; asking his body to adjust to two things at once would be asking too much and getting him off the high flow is more important than getting him out of the isolette. So we are kind of at a stand still until he needs less oxygen. Lindsey, his nurse last night, said they could just try weaning the high flow and see what happens and that they can always turn it right back if he can't handle it. So we will wait and see!

I didn't realize how exhausted I was until I got some sleep in my bed... WOW, coming home is so what I needed... as much as I hate being away from Brant I so needed this. It's now 5:30 and I've been sleeping all day long- still getting up to pump every 3 hours but I still can't believe I've been able to sleep all day. Last night Darren and I were talking about what needs to get done before I go back. I had full intentions of running a couple errands, making a quick trip to Target, and slowly start packing... When Darren left for work this morning I told him, yeah that's not going to happen today, he just looked at me and said, yeah I figured- just get some sleep, so that's what I did! And thanks to mom for going and getting me some abreva and a few other things! I woke up this morning with 13, yes 13, cold sores on my bottom lip. I guess with a severe fever, all the stress I've had, and antibiotics killing all of the good bacteria in my body these stupid things decided to show up. UGH can I ever catch a break! I mean seriously?!?!

Oh and sorry to anyone who I tried calling me/stopping by the apartment today. Decided to lock the doors and turn off my phone so I could sleep. I think mom and I will go back Wednesday.

Here are some pictures from this weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment