Monday, March 18, 2013

Growing, growing, growing...




Well Brant had a pretty uneventful night last night. He does have some reflux going on so they raised the head of his isolette to see if that'll help. His nurse also put him on his tummy and that helped a lot. He just finished his last feeding so we'll see how it goes, might have to put him on his tummy if he has another desat. but so far so good! He weighs about 4 pounds 12.5 ounces today

Here is what my day will consist of:

A CPR course and carseat course... and snuggling with Brant! 

Yesterday we gave him a bath... that was, well I guess interesting would be the word. I had NO idea what I was doing or how I should hold him and what to do with his tubes. But with the help of Terry and Darren and mom & dad we did it! It was quite the production. Mom & dad were taking pictures and telling me what spots I missed. Darren was on binkie patrol (holding it in Brant's mouth for him so he'd stay calm) and Darren dried him off. And Terry was walking me through the steps and adjusting my positioning. He had a bath the night before so it was really more to teach me and soak his bum for a while because he had a little rash going on. 

Me getting everything ready...

 
All undressed and waiting... He knew something was going on! 

Terry explaining how to hold him



this was before his bath when Terry was telling me what to do

Another before picture...

Getting all dried off 

And what's that?? His carseat!! Terry gave us a heads up that if we wanted to purchase one from the hospital they only had 1 left and were on backorder for like 3 months. So we grabbed it. It was a lot cheaper getting it from the hospital than it would've been from any other store. 


St. Patrick's Day Outfit! 



Little froggy butt :) 


1 comment:

  1. What a cute little guy you have! So glad that he is growing like a weed -- and that you are feeling better after your bad infection. Take care, and blessings on you guys!
    Leslie Honcoop

    ReplyDelete