Sunday, March 10, 2013

Better... for now

Today is going better so far- Brant is 4 pounds 1.5 ounces!!!!! SO excited he's up to 4 pounds! I didn't see him Saturday because I was still SO sick, even with the IV antibiotics. When I saw him this morning he looked so big to me... weird how a 4 pound baby can look big, but when I look back at his first pictures and think how little he was compared to my hand it's amazing the difference. The increase in caffeine did the trick as far as his Brady's go. He is tolerating the gravity feed rather than the pump well. He spit up a little bit on his outfit they put him in yesterday so I took that off him. We were out of clean outfits that mom & dad bought him so his nurse Sarah got him one of the hospitals sleepers. It barely fits him!

 Back to Friday... I am SO glad my mom and dad came down Friday night. They made me call labor & delivery to see if they could write me a prescription over the phone since I knew I had mastitis but they wanted me to come in and be seen by a doctor. So off we went at midnight. I was feeling a little better by the time they got to the apartment but once I was in the exam room it turned for the worst. They had cranked the heat up to like 100 degrees and I was laying on the table wrapped in blankets and in a sweatshirt and sweats and was still shivering and shaking uncontrollably. The 2 doctors I saw were really worried so they admitted me and got me on IV antibiotics right away. Of course then I had a terrible reaction to it. They didn't want to give me something else so they just gave me benadryl to stop the swelling in my face and the itching. I'm feeling better now, they put me on an oral antibiotic as well so hopefully that takes care of it and I pray I don't get it again. I asked if I was doing something wrong or what I can do to prevent it...  my answer was some women are really susceptible to it.... just great.

We decided it would be a good idea if I went home for a day or two and got some quality rest... I don't want to leave Brant but I know I need some good sleep, especially with how sick I was and spending all day every day in his room is exhausting. So I'll be heading home with Darren tonight and mom will take me back Tuesday or Wednesday depending on how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment