Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Change of plans....


Brant is doing well. He weighs 4 pounds 4.5 ounces. They popped the top off of his isolette today too. So now he is wrapped up in all sorts of blankets to keep him warm. The plan is to let him grow more before they try weaning him off the high flow nasal cannula. They will be checking his temperature every 3 hours and as long as it stays stable they will find him a crib or a bassinet to put him in. They increased his feeds too. And the little stinker kept wiggling the prongs out of his nose today. He was so happy and snuggled right in when I held him skin to skin today. About an hour and a half into it though he got super fussy and we think he got too warm. Mom took his blankets off to make sure he was positioned okay and as soon as she did that he calmed down. 

 Mom and Nicki drove me down today. The plan was for me to stay and them to drive the van back that Darren left over the weekend. But that didn't happen...  I am still really pale, and just not feeling like myself yet. I wanted so bad to stay but mom and Nicki both said to me after being at the hospital for a while that I should probably go home for a couple more days and get myself better. After a while of thinking about it I agreed. I won't get better down there, I would probably end up making myself worse. I need to not have the option of going to the hospital in order to get LOTS of rest. So for tomorrow and Friday I will be locking the doors and turning my phone off and sleeping to be better by the weekend. Darren & I will head down Saturday as well as my mom and dad. At least that's the plan as of right now. I feel so guilty for leaving the little guy but there is nothing I can do for him if I feel like crap. We stopped at Smokey Point and went to Target and got some dinner. Of course we had to check out the baby section there- it is huge compared to the Bellingham Target! I wanted to buy so much stuff but I refrained... it's not like we had any room in the car anyways. 

Well here are some pictures we got today- he's getting so big!! 


His setup... 

Getting situated... 







All snuggled in 


And there goes his tongue! 













No comments:

Post a Comment