Saturday, March 9, 2013

crappy day

Well yesterday started off like any other day- went to the hospital, held Brant etc etc... he had a couple major Brady's where the nurse had to step in and get him breathing again. They ended up increasing his caffeine and that seems to have resolved that. As for me? I started not feeling well in the afternoon so I left around 5 and went to the apartment and crawled in bed.

At 8:00 I got up to pump and I felt AWFUL. I was shaking uncontrollably and was in excruciating pain. I figured it was mastitis again- the last infection I had, and tried calling lactation to see what to do. They didn't answer or call me back. The clinic was already closed and I did NOT want to go to the ER. My mom called me shortly after I got up and I was crying my eyes out I was in so much pain. So her and my dad hopped in the truck and headed down. As soon as they got there they got me out of bed and had me call labor & delivery to see what to do. The labor & delivery nurse told me to come in right away. By the time I got there it was about midnight. I was MISERABLE. Could not stop shaking, insanely high fever, and in SO much pain. The doctors didn't want to just send me home with antibiotics. They did an ultrasound too, after that they decided to admit me and get me on an antibiotic IV drip. They had to find me an open room so it took forever in the little exam room. Took them 3 tries to get the stupid IV in- I told the nurse don't bother trying just call anesthesia and have them do it. She wouldn't listen. She tried once and the guy from anesthesia took two pokes to get one in. Finally got it and got the drip hooked up. By this time it was 4:45 a.m. and I got settled into a room on the postpartum unit. Then I had a major reaction to the antibiotics. But the doctor said he wanted me to stay on it so they stopped it, gave me benadryl and started it back up slowly again. I have my next round of antibiotic fluids at 3:30 so I'm hoping all goes well.

Anyway I am EXHAUSTED... going to try to get some rest and who knows how long they are going to keep me.

No comments:

Post a Comment