Sunday, March 3, 2013

now what?? and some advice would be great!

Well I'm writing this as I sit in here in Brant's room by my lonesome;  Mom, Dad, and Darren left a while ago and now I don't really know what to do with myself. You get into a routine when your by yourself down here and then when they come down you get into a new routine- its a MUCH easier adjustment when I'm adjusting to having someone here with me rather than adjusting to being by myself! I never know what to do with myself right after they leave... I get this, "well now what??" feeling.

As I sit here watching him kick his little feet in and out of his blankets I got to thinking about when we take him home and started to really stress. We have NOTHING for him! A big part of that is because we were supposed to be moved into our house before he arrived so we were waiting to get things until after we moved, plus I figured I would have a baby shower before he arrived. It's funny how plans change! And if you know me at all, I'm all about the plan! Always have to have a plan, always am making lists, always have to be prepared... I'm realizing how unprepared I am for all of this and it's freaking me out! It's taking everything I have not to go crazy on Amazon right now.

SO with that said, I'm looking for some advice from the mommies out there- what are the absolute essentials for a newborn and coming home and how much would you recommend to have on hand of stuff??

We will buy his car seat from the hospital and they have told me not to buy any bottles until we start bottle feeding him and then they will make a recommendation for what type of bottles to get. We got him a couple little preemie outfits but he will be out of those in no time... most of the clothes that I have at home for him are 0-3 and 3-6 months but the 0-3 look HUGE for him, so any preemie mom's, what size did your little one go home in? I know it's going to be a while before he's ready to come home but like I said, I like to be prepared :)


1 comment:

  1. Kels Don't stress! I know how easy it is to feel totally unprepared with all the crazy baby stuff that is out there right now... but in all honesty you don't need that much for a new born, and there are a TON of people only a call away if you do need something, ME included!
    One thing I would recommend is a Pack-n-Play with bassinet insert and changing table attachment(this eliminates a separate bassinet, that you really only use for a few months and the pack-n-play comes in so handy later on. Plus you can change him without leaving your room in the middle of the night!)

    ReplyDelete