Friday, March 22, 2013

Little Champ!


Happy Birthday Grandpa!!!!! 


We had a bit of a rough day yesterday. Wednesday night Brant woke up for every feed so they bottle fed him. When I got there in the morning he was SO tired. The rest of the day he spent fussing and crying. I could not get him to sleep or make him happy. We didn't bottle feed him during the day so he would get some rest. He was wide awake for his cares at 5 so I gave him the bottle, he only ate 8ml's out of 43... his worst feeding yet but he was OUT after that. I also think we are going to struggle when he comes home to get him to sleep in the quiet... I think we'll have to get a noise soother or something.

Last night he had an AWESOME night. He took 2 FULL bottles. His nurse was really surprised. Usually after babies take their first full bottle they are so tired they will sleep the rest of the day. He did sleep through his cares this morning but that's good! He needs some rest.

I drove home last night. Darren and I went over to Ryan & Becca's and hung out there with them and Derek for a while. I haven't seen any of our friends in a long time so it was nice to talk to them. So far today I've been packing and straightening up the apartment. This afternoon I have some errands to run and then I'll be headed up to mom and dad's to do some laundry, play with Diesel and help mom make dinner for tonight. And in the morning I'll be heading back Seattle with Nicki & Tanisha. Darren, mom and dad will head down Sunday morning for the day.


Soooo crabby.... 


finally asleep! 


2 comments:

  1. Hey Kelsey, first, I want you to know we are praying for all of you, and it's great to see how great Brant is doing! Also, I after a week in the NICU our son had a few issues with the quiet of home. To this day he sleeps with a radio on in his room and he'll be 8 next month! Just wanted to let you know that you don't need any special machine- a radio works great! ~Shelly Van Beek

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's getting cheeks!! So happy for you that he is growing so well...and he's such a cutie!

    Praying for a smooth transition to home when it comes...

    I'd say the little boy's parents are champs too!

    ReplyDelete