Monday, March 4, 2013

Great Day!

Just want to say thank you to all the great input on Facebook and on here from all my mommy friends about what stuff to have for him! A bunch of people wanted me to put together an online registry and I have lots of people texting me about it too so I did, but PLEASE don't feel like you need to get us anything!!!!!!! But thank you for everyone's support! I made a registry at Target.com and on Amazon.com.

ANYWAYS,

We had a great day today! Minor set back last night but really its no big deal. Twice last night Brant had major spit ups along with a oxygen desaturation. So they went back to putting his food on the pump rather than the drip. The pump controls how much milk is going into his body so he is being fed now every 3 hours for 45 minutes-1 hour. He didn't have any spit ups or problems with that today. He did however have some brady's where yesterday he had none. His nurse Larissa said that is to be expected because his tummy is so full and pushing on his diaphragm which makes it hard to get a good full breath.

His chest x-ray and blood gas came back fine. Larissa gave me the okay to pull him out on my own whenever I want with no need to let her know unless I want her there. Pastor Robert and Phama came and visited this afternoon too. They were amazed at how small he is and the facilities.

I held him this morning as well as later this afternoon/evening. He makes it so hard for me to leave at night! He has a care at 5 and another one at 8. So by 5:15 I was holding him. He snuggled right in and went to sleep. I was so comfortable and didn't want to put him back by the time 6:45 came around, which meant I had to hang around with him until after shift change (which is at 7) So at about 7:15 I put him back in his isolette. He did NOT like that. He was so comfortable on me, he was not a happy camper to be put back. Of course this breaks my heart. But I got him swaddled, calmed down and back to sleep. I got all of my stuff packed up and ready to leave and then he wakes up screaming.... he wakes up 15 minutes on the dot before each feeding and is wide awake. He was rooting around so I gave him his pacifier. That calmed him right down but he can't keep it in his mouth by himself yet for very long. I stood there for a while holding it for him until he would sort of spit it out and not freak out when he did it. I would get the door shut on the isolette and grab my stuff and he would wake up again. I can't leave him when he is crying or when he is awake- I just can't. Finally he tuckered out and went back to sleep and I snuck out; I didn't get any sleep last night so bed is coming early for me tonight!

This morning he also grabbed a hold of my finger- and had a REALLY good grip on it. He grabbed it before but never like that. And he wouldn't let it go and was just staring up at me for the longest time- it was the BEST feeling ever! It made me cry- he is so perfect.

I also worked with the social worker today on getting fuel assistance- I will finish that up tomorrow. But I did get lodging assistance all figured out. It turned out GREAT! Spent 5 minutes on the phone and got the apartment I'm already staying in paid in FULL until he comes home. They are also paying for the days I've already spent here. How awesome is that???? Huge relief to have that taken care of! Plus not having to move is great too- the social worker didn't think they would pay for a 2 bedroom apartment for that long, she expected me to have to move to a hotel room.

I forgot my camera in his room so I will post all the pictures I took today in the morning!




No comments:

Post a Comment