Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bittersweet Day Yesterday...

Brant is doing great. He's very strong and a little fighter. He will up to full feedings by tonight. That's AWESOME. I just spoke with the NICU (it's about 9:45 a.m.) and within the next half hour they are actually going to take him off the ventilator and try CPAP, which is HUGE. We will just have to wait and see how he tolerates it. He is also up to 2lbs 12oz too! 

 I got to hold him for the first time yesterday too. That was AMAZING. Here are some pictures-








However, yesterday afternoon I got a NASTY infection... Mom and Nicki took me up to labor and delivery and they got me on some powerful antibiotics. I have NEVER felt that sick in my entire life. They assured me that there is no way Brant could get sick from my infection, which is what I was worried about after holding him. All I wanted to do was go home and go to bed. But today, even after only 3 antibiotic pills in my system I feel much better. I'm just hoping to get lots of rest today and that Brant takes coming off the ventilator well and takes to the CPAP as well as he has handled things so far. 


1 comment: