Friday, February 8, 2013

Staying strong

Brant had a good night last night. They were able to lower his ventilator settings and turn off the suction on his chest tubes. So right now they are sealed and tomorrow morning they will do more chest x-rays to make sure that no more is accumulating and if everything goes well maybe start talking about taking them out! Was very happy to hear that :) They did have to put him back under the lights today but the lights are the least of my worries right now... I want his chest tubes out and him put on the conventional ventilator so I can hold him. But it'll bit little steps until we get to that point. 

My mom and I went down yesterday to visit. I was in SUCH a good mood when we decided we were heading down and the closer we got to UW the happier I got. I was hoping to see his eyes yesterday but he was being stubborn.... wonder where he got that from?? He tried a couple times so I got a little glimpse- hopefully this weekend we will see him wide awake! 

We will be heading back down tomorrow morning and Darren's family will arrive Saturday night right off the plane. They will have to wear masks and everything, and will just be able to look at him one at a time but at least they will get to see him. We hope to figure some sort of apartment out while we are down there too. 

It was hard to leave again last night but not near as bad as Tuesday night. It helped knowing that I would be right back down Saturday morning. Plus I was EXHAUSTED. I started falling asleep in the chair in his room and when mom and I went to get dinner. I slept the whole way home. Today is going to be nothing resting and maybe making a few phone calls for apartments. 



So all the nurses tell me he is a peeing machine! they have had to change his bedding multiple times each day and when they change his diaper he likes to try to help you with his super long arms... 



The smallest blood pressure cuff I have ever seen! 

His night nurse taking his vitals and turning him 

His diapers- they are smaller than the palm of my hand

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am sorry he didn't want to open his eyes much while you were down there, but maybe he was so comforted just knowing Mommy was right there he just wanted to rest. But it could be the stubborn side of the family...lol.

    It is so exciting to see the new pictures. Even when I am tired it brings a smile to my face. How wonderful it must be to know he is one step closer to the next level.

    Sunday will be here before you know it so rest up.

    Does he seem bigger to you? Maybe it is the photos but he seems like he is gaining weight and growing. :-)

    I bet Nicki and Wayne are so anxious to get off that plan and see there 1st grandbaby. Grandkids are such a blessing. Truly a gift from GOD.

    Well enjoy Sunday! And can't wait for the next set of photos.

    Love to you all,
    Cousin Deb

    ReplyDelete