Thursday, February 7, 2013

Finally a Plan!

Well we finally have a plan- for now at least. From the minute I got home the one thing that keeps running through my mind is when am I going to be able to see my little guy again?? Well this morning we finally got something figured out. Mom and I are going to drive down today and come back later tonight. She just needs to finish some things up at work and we're out of here! Darren and I will head down Saturday morning and come back Sunday night probably. We hope while we are down there to get a place figured out for long-term and speak with the social worker.

Last night was a hard night. I felt pretty good all day and emotionally was good all day and then Darren & I were eating dinner last night and I started to tear up. I had to get up and do something so that I wouldn't have a complete break down. I still don't know what set it off, it just hit me.

When I spoke with Brants nurse last night she said that the day nurse got some really cute pictures of him awake. I was so happy on the phone with her when she told me that and said everything was going about the same as before which is good. But as soon as I got off the phone with her I just felt so sad. I haven't seen him awake yet or seen his eyes yet and that I missed it.... I just hope that when we get down there today I can see his eyes for the first time!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kelsey, that is amazing. I am sure once he hears your voice those precious little eyes will open up and you will see the twinkle as he knows you are there.

    I keep hoping and praying that something will come up for housing so you can be close to him. I will be easier on you emotionally to be close by and you have the option to go back and rest when ever you need to.

    I can't wait to see the new pics. They sure bring a big smile to my heart each time I see a new one.

    Thank you for keeping us all updated...each little step you guys experience and each photo is a priceless step all your lives.

    Hoping for you that his eyes will be open and you will be there to see it.

    I sure love the picture of his little hand. He sure does have his daddy's long legs.

    Love to you all,
    Cousin Deb

    ReplyDelete