Friday, February 1, 2013

slight set back...

Last night (Thursday night) I didn't get much sleep at all. Couldn't get comfortable, and peanut kept coming off the monitor so they were in constantly doing adjustments. I finally got some sleep this morning and then at 8:00 my team of Doctors and Residents came in to check on me and said that they were going to cut back on the monitor which I was excited about and then my nurse came in to take my blood pressure....

It was HIGH, so she left the cuff on and it took my BP every 10 minutes for about a half hour and they were all HIGH. So my nurse went and talked to the doctors and they want to put me back on Magnesium Sulfate through my IV, which also means increasing my Lasix so I don't retain a lot of fluid. And because I'm back on the magnesium I have to stay on the monitor :( Not exactly what I wanted to hear this morning after such a rough night. They also want to try giving me one of my medications through my IV rather than a pill and see what that does.

Dr. Easterling came in after they started the magnesium and spoke with me and my mom. He didn't seem too concerned with this. He said preeclampsia is such a progressive disease that you'll be responding great and everything will be going as planned for a couple days and then the disease will start to fight back. He said peanut is looking good, his growth is a concern but at this point not the biggest concern we have. He also would like to do another ultrasound of my neck to measure my blood vessels and how much blood is being pumped through my body to see if the medications are working to put me back in the "normal" range so we will see how that goes...

Dad is coming down today and the plan was for Darren to come down too and stay for the weekend but he is really sick. Grammy's funeral is tomorrow and our plan was for my mom to go home with my dad to go to the funeral but I don't know if I'm going to be able to get her to leave with all of this going on now... Hopefully the next 24 hours go good and things start to turn around again! I am completely exhausted and the hot flashes have started from the magnesium so I'm going to lay down and get as many ice packs as I can to try and stay cool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment