Saturday, February 16, 2013

Just moving right along...

Mom, Dad and I drove down this morning (Saturday) to visit Brant. Once again his room looks totally different, but I like it! Less and less equipment is what we want! He is doing well with the CPAP. Though I don't like the contraption itself. It sits on his nose and then he has head gear that hold it down. Whenever they do his cares they take it off and massage the pressure points that hold it on. His nurse said some babies just crash right away when they take it off but he does well without it and just having oxygen blown at his face while they do it. She also gives him a pacifier when he starts to root around, and he actually sucks on it! which is great. His blood gas this morning came back awesome, she said if they went with the blood gas and what it says they would've taken him off the CPAP and went to the next step, though I can't remember what it's called. But his breathing is still a little fast sometimes so they don't think he is quite ready for it. I held him again today for a couple hours. He is such a little cutie. He was sucking on his thumb and went right to sleep. My Grandma June came down and met him today too. She was amazed at how small he is- she said his pictures make him look a lot bigger. So the picture with the pacifier shows you just how small he really is. He weighed 2lbs 10.5 ounces today and is at full feedings. Darren and Nicki are coming down tomorrow. Mom, Dad and I will head home Monday and then Wednesday I will be moving into a hotel room for a couple days and then moving into the apartment. It'll be nice to not have to do that drive so much! 

Here are some pictures from today:
His poor little squished face :(


Finally seeing him with nothing but a feeding tube in his mouth! 


Sucking away on his binkie 




1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I hated when our little guy was on the CPAP too but luckily it didn't last too long and sounds like your guy will be moving on down to just the little prongs in his nose next. Glad to hear you got an apartment, I know it's not easy staying away from home, but I really loved being close to my little man. Also, we got similar comments about the pictures not showing how little he really was so we took pictures with my wedding ring (just clean it off well :) and I've also seen some with a dollar bill (like in a ziploc so it's clean too). You will want those pictures later on as now that Cohen is 19 months old it's hard for me to remember how tiny he ever was!! Glad for the good news for you guys

    ReplyDelete