Saturday, February 2, 2013

Rude Awakening...

Well last night did not go well- no sleep at all. Could not get comfortable, or let my brain shut off. I was finally able to fall asleep and comfortable around 5:30 and then a half hour later a lady from the lab came barging in, turned all the lights on and before I even knew what was happening had a needle in my arm taking blood. I would've been really upset if she poked me and didn't get anything like everyone else but she got it the first time so I guess it was okay. Just not exactly the wake up call I was expecting or wanting. I went back to sleep and my nurse was still coming in doing adjustments on the monitor and I had to take my pills but I was so tired that it didn't bother me much.

My blood pressure was high again this morning. Two doctors on my team who I hadn't met before came in around 9:00 and said that my magnesium levels were not in the "normal spectrum" that they want, even being on the magnesium drip. I was hoping to come off of it this morning but they increased my dosage so I'm going to be extremely out of it and loopy the rest of the day. They also increased one of my blood pressure medications and we will see how I react to it. They will be doing more labs at 4:00 and re-evaluating everything when those come back so now we wait...

Today is my Grammy's funeral in Canada. Disappointed that I can't be there but hopefully will be able to attend the family graveside service that we will have down here. And today is Darren's birthday. I texted him this morning at 3:30 when I couldn't sleep wishing him happy birthday and he was still awake too. He said he has a really hard time sleeping without me there. I don't think he is having too good of a day either. He sounds terrible but said he was feeling better when I called this morning. He was pretty disappointed that he wasn't coming down to see me and that his family is in Puerto Rico. His plan was to just work on equipment in the shop today, pretty fun plans for a 22nd birthday huh??

No comments:

Post a Comment