Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lazy Day

We had a good day today. Brant is up to 3 pounds 4 ounces. Today they decided to give him bolus feedings instead of constant feedings. So what that means is instead of there being a constant flow of milk through his feeding tube he will now be getting 3 hours worth of milk in 2 hours, so he has an hour break each time where the feeding tube is disconnected from the pump. He will have to prove that he can handle that amount for I believe they said 4 days. After he proves himself then it will go to 3 hours worth of milk in 1 hour, then he'll get a drip bag of milk in his isolette that would be done in 20-30 minutes. So his cares are now every 3 hours rather than 4. 

Got some good sleep last night and was at the hospital by 7:45 this morning. Watched a girl who was late for an interview run into the hospital in 5 inch heels and completely eat it on her face- that made me laugh... it's mean but people would've laughed at me! 

I held him for quite a while this morning and then again this afternoon. This afternoon I was getting so tired. He was so warm and snuggly that I actually fell asleep holding him. It felt nice, though when she came in to put him back I just wanted to snuggle and sleep more!  And yes she came in and said it was time; usually I'm the one calling them to put him back because I have to go to the bathroom or get up and stretch my legs after sitting there for hours. 

This afternoon we offered him the pacifier again- he was sucking away on that thing! It was so cute. He doesn't do it for long but when we put it in there he goes to town on it which is great! 

Mom is coming down tomorrow morning and then I believe the plan is for Nicki, Joyce, Nathan, and Amber to come tomorrow night after Amber gets off work. So the apartment will be full tomorrow night! Mom will stay with me through the weekend while the rest of them head out after visiting Brant on Friday to Yakima for the basketball state tournament to watch Tanisha cheer. GO LYNCS!! Dad and Darren I think will join me and mom sometime Saturday. But right now I'm going to head back to the apartment, heat up some lasagna- thanks to Shirlene, (who also has an amazing chicken noodle soup recipe!) and head for bed! 

So sleepy! 





So just for size comparison- that is on the smaller side for a pacifier and it's huge compared to his face! I'm going to try to get some more shots so everyone can see how little he really is because these pictures make him look BIG compared to what he really is 


Oh and he had ZERO episodes while I held him this afternoon! GO BRANT!!! We want you out of the brady phase! 

No comments:

Post a Comment