Saturday, February 9, 2013

Might've spoken too soon...

Well the x-ray they did at 1:30 came back and it didn't look too good. There was some air accumulating where there shouldn't be... They said at this point it's not phasing him at all so hopefully he will fix the problem himself internally but they will be closely monitoring him. They did another chest x-ray at 3:30 and that one came back better, there wasn't as much air and he seemed comfortable. So we wait...... His doctor was shocked that there was air in there because they hadn't had anything out of the chest tube in a couple days. If he doesn't fix the problem himself they will stick a needle in and just draw out the air. However, if more accumulates and his blood pressure or oxygen levels change they will need to put in another chest tube :( 

I've been sitting in here with him all afternoon and I feel so much better at his side rather than at home. Though I don't rest near as much as I should down here. With his ventilator and all the machines he's hooked up to it's quite noisy. On the other side, sitting here I know every little thing that happens and hear every alarm. I know it's nothing to be super worried about, just tubes that need to be adjusted or he moved in a position that the machines don't like but every time that stupid alarm goes off my heart jumps because I don't know what's going on. 

I was surprised though when the Doctor came in and did some "weaning" is what he called it, on his ventilator. He said not to be surprised if tomorrow they get him on the conventional ventilator. SO let's just pray that he has an uneventful night, no more air accumulates and he can absorb the air that is in there on his own & NO MORE needles in the chest for my little guy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment