Monday, February 18, 2013

More Progress!

We were VERY surprised this morning when I called in before we left the hotel. They took him off CPAP! He now is on the high flow nasal cannula- so no more mask! He has been doing well on it so far, but is very tired today. I held him for about 3 hours today- he just snuggles right in and goes to sleep. I even got a little nap during our snuggle time. I love being able to see his whole face too. He has tape on his chin to keep his feeding tube in place- he likes to grab a hold of it; and he has tape on his cheeks to keep the prongs in his nose. Other than that he just has monitors on. Less and less equipment in his room is what we like to see! The doctor came in this afternoon and said he was doing great and making wonderful progress, he just needs to grow! 



He loves being on his tummy


He hasn't figured out how to swallow yet- he likes making bubbles but drools everywhere! 


For comparison, my ring next to his foot... his feet are HUGE compared to the rest of his body


See- he's got a hold of that feeding tube! 


Less and less equipment 


Grandma Vicki got these pictures after I held him... 


So in love with him! 



1 comment:

  1. These updates are amazing. He is making such progress. It will be no time at all and he will be home running through the yard. Wow is all I can say.

    Congrats,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete